Re: testing database consistency - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Rene Romero Benavides
Subject Re: testing database consistency
Date
List pgsql-admin
PostgreSQL 9.3 ships with data corruption detection facilities http://michael.otacoo.com/postgresql-2/postgres-9-3-feature-highlight-data-checksums/ but it works on a transactional basis.

2013/10/24 Raphael Bauduin <rblists@gmail.com>
Hi,

I have a postgresql running in a virtual machine (linux, kvm).
I wanted to test that the backup, which takes a copy of the disk image, is valid and usable.

I have taken a copy of the disk image and run it fine on another computer.
However, just starting the server succesfully does not mean there is no corrupted data in the database. This is why I'm looking to a way to validate that all the data stored in the postgresql is ok, ie consistent and usable. Does anyone have advices on how to best check the validity of the whole database?

Thanks in advance!

Raphaël

--
El genio es 1% inspiración y 99% transpiración.
Thomas Alva Edison