increasing HA - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Thomas Poty
Subject increasing HA
Date
Re: increasing HA  ("Joshua D. Drake" <jd@commandprompt.com>)
List pgsql-general
Hello,

I am looking after some advice about solution allowing to increase High availability?

Here is a bit of context :

I have an Master-Slave architecture
 - 1 master
 - 2 asynchronous slaves using replication slot
 - backup is made with barman using replication slot
 - Wal archiving is done towards barman server

I think 3 axes could be improved ( I am totaly novice with these):

- using of a proxy
 I found HAproxy.
 Could you advice any others solutions to explore or share your experience?

- using an automatick failover
 I found PAF
 Could you advice any others solutions to explore or share your experience?

- using a tool for fencing a failing node
Ideally, I aimagine to disable network traffic in I/O to prevent client connecting and exchange between backup server failling server + on postgesql server disable automatic restart of the service.
Could you share you experience about it?

- Maybe an other axe to explore ?

Thank you

Thomas