Re: Schema/Data conversion opensource tools from MySQL to PostgreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Thomas Poty
Subject Re: Schema/Data conversion opensource tools from MySQL to PostgreSQL
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi Chiranjeevi,

I know my answer doesn't answer your request but we have just converted a database from mysql to postgresql with about 1000 tables.
We had to convert some functions present in mysql but not in postgresql
Also we had to convert queries.
I converted all of that manually, table by table, column by column,etc

We developped a program that compare structure , a program that migrate data and a program that compare data.
Also we had to convert queries.

All of that to say I don't think you can convert only by running a tool like that.

I also think it is a bit difficult to suggest a tool without knowing exactly what is needed.

Regards
Thomas

Le mar. 26 juin 2018 à 08:25, Arnaud L. <arnaud.listes@codata.eu> a écrit :
Le 25-06-18 à 18:47, chiru r a écrit :
> Please suggest Schema/Data conversion opensource tools from MySQL to
> PostgreSQL.

Hi.
I used this php script which did a pretty good job :
https://github.com/AnatolyUss/FromMySqlToPostgreSql

--
Regards