Re: operator class "xxx" does not exist for access method "yyy" - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tianyi Gao
Subject Re: operator class "xxx" does not exist for access method "yyy"
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Thanks for your reply, I have added some SQL statements, such as the following example when I use the BIT or BIT VARYING type, similar problems will occur.

postgres=# CREATE TABLE t(c BIT varying(10)) PARTITION BY HASH((t.c));
ERROR:  data type bit varying has no default operator class for access method "hash"

postgres=# CREATE TABLE t(c BIT) PARTITION BY HASH((t.c));
ERROR:  data type bit has no default operator class for access method "hash"

Regards,
Tianyi Gao

John Naylor <john.naylor@enterprisedb.com> 于2023年3月22日周三 22:13写道:

On Wed, Mar 22, 2023 at 8:15 PM Tianyi Gao <gtydoit@gmail.com> wrote:

> postgres=# CREATE TEMP TABLE issue(c0 FLOAT , c1 money NULL) PARTITION BY HASH((issue.c0)cdbhash_float8_ops);
> ERROR:  operator class "cdbhash_float8_ops" does not exist for access method "hash"

cdbhash_float8_ops seems specific to Greenplum, so not found in community Postgres.

--
John Naylor
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com