Re: Connection Error during Pg_restore - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Rebecca Clarke
Subject Re: Connection Error during Pg_restore
Date
List pgsql-general
That worked thank you

On Wed, Aug 17, 2011 at 1:01 PM, raghu ram <raghuchennuru@gmail.com> wrote:

On Wed, Aug 17, 2011 at 4:32 PM, Rebecca Clarke <rebecca@clarke.net.nz> wrote:
Hi there

I'm doing a restore of a large table. The backup file is 18gb. When I run the restore after sometime it comes up with this error while it is restoring the data.

pg_restore: [archiver (db)] Error while PROCESSING TOC:
pg_restore: [archiver (db)] Error from TOC entry 3022; 0 4287406059 TABLE DATA tbl_exampletable postgres
pg_restore: [archiver (db)] COPY failed: server closed the connection unexpectedly
        before or while processing the request.
WARNING: errors ignored on restore: 1

It will work if I use COPY but the table is so big I need to use pg_dump to compress it.

Try below steps to restore data for larger table:

1. Create a table structure

2. copy data into .csv file

copy item_trans to  '/opt/item_trans.csv' WITH csv;

3. restore data with below command

nohup psql -d postgres -p 5432 -U postgres -c "copy item_trans from  '/opt/item_trans.csv' WITH csv;" >>/tmp/restore.log 2>>/tmp/restore.log &

--Raghu Ram