Re: BUG #13747: Like clause ignoring raws with null value - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Félix GERZAGUET
Subject Re: BUG #13747: Like clause ignoring raws with null value
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Fri, Oct 30, 2015 at 12:08 AM, <dtyshecky@gmail.com> wrote:
I am executing select with like clause on the field X (select * from table
where x like '%ABC%')

In result I don't receive the raws with null in X column so I have to
manually state (where X is null or X like ...)

I would expect to receive columns with null.

I don't understand your reasons either, but you can achieve what you want with:

select * from table where coalesce(x, 'ABC') like '%ABC%'

but I find that less clear (and maybe a little bit less performant than) than:

select * from table where x like '%ABC%' or x is null

--
Félix