Re: Does "pg_ctl stop" wait for archiving to complete? - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Payal Singh
Subject Re: Does "pg_ctl stop" wait for archiving to complete?
Date
List pgsql-admin
pg_ctl always shuts down the database cleanly unless used in immediate mode . So as long as you use -m fast or -m smart (default), your database will remain consistent (no data loss) and startup without any issues later on.

Payal Singh,
Database Administrator,
OmniTI Computer Consulting Inc.
Phone: 240.646.0770 x 253