Re: setUrl in 9.4-1200 - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Alexis Meneses
Subject Re: setUrl in 9.4-1200
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
Hi Dennis,

Thanks for reporting it.

I think this is related to a regression that has been identified lately in setUrl method and for which a patch has been submited already (see https://github.com/pgjdbc/pgjdbc/pull/257).

Suprisingly, glassfish error log mentions a deny of access whereas it's a mere NPE in that case.

Alexis

Hello All:

New to the list. So, first, thank you all for a very fine driver.

Today I tried to take the latest and greatest posted version of the JDBC driver (postgresql-9.4-1200.jdbc41.jar) for a spin with GlassFish 4.1 as a javax.sql.XADataSource using classname org.postgresql.xa.PGXADataSource and didn't get too far. Glassfish issued:

Access denied to execute this method : setUrl

Dropped back to using postgresql-9.3-1102.jdbc41.jar and all was good.

From GlassFish tried to "ping" the Db (brand new 9.4 install) and got the log entry:

[2015-02-12T14:06:33.330-0700] [glassfish 4.1] [WARNING] [test.connection.pool.failed] [javax.enterprise.resource.resourceadapter.com.sun.enterprise.connectors.service] [tid: _ThreadID=343 _ThreadName=admin-listener(48)] [timeMillis: 1423775193330] [levelValue: 900] [[
  RAR8054: Exception while creating an unpooled [test] connection for pool [ post-gre-sql_primary_primaryPool ], Access denied to execute this method : setUrl]]

I've kept the full log so can send more of it if anyone wishes. As I wrote above the older version is working just fine so no emergency. Just figured I get this in front of someone more knowledgeable about the inner workings of the driver than myself.

Also, not sure if there is a public bug tracker but if there is I'd be happy to log this item if that would be useful to the project. Please let me know.

Cordially,
Dennis