Re: perlcritic (was Re: pgsql: Fix precedence problem in new Perl code.) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Mike Blackwell
Subject Re: perlcritic (was Re: pgsql: Fix precedence problem in new Perl code.)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Alvaro,

I didn't mean to imply otherwise.  Our settings here are probably different.

Good point on the git log --grep.  I'll try to remember that in the future.

Mike

Mike Blackwell | Technical Analyst, Distribution Services/Rollout Management | RRD
1750 Wallace Ave | St Charles, IL 60174-3401
Office: 630.313.7818
Mike.Blackwell@rrd.com
http://www.rrdonnelley.com

On Fri, May 4, 2018 at 4:36 PM, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
Moving discussion to -hackers list.

Mike Blackwell wrote:
> I didn't see a .perlcriticrc file in the project, so ran with our local
> settings.
>
> With those, perlcritic is pretty unhappy, even at -4, though I don't see
> anything that pops out as potentially bug-inducing.

Uh, we've certainly fixed things to appease perlcritic before (see git
log --grep perlcritic).  Maybe we need to come up with some .rc file to
our liking and try to adhere to it.

--
Álvaro Herrera                https://www.2ndQuadrant.com/