Re: How clustering for scale out works in PostgreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Mike Blackwell
Subject Re: How clustering for scale out works in PostgreSQL
Date
List pgsql-performance

On Thu, Aug 29, 2013 at 11:13 AM, bsreejithin <bsreejithin@gmail.com> wrote:
Thanks a lot Joshua and others who have responded..

I am sorry about not putting in more details in my initial post.

What I posted is about a new setup that's going to come up..Discussions are
on whether to setup DB cluster to handle 1000 concurrent users.

Ok.  That's a start.  Can you tell us more about what these users are doing?  What kind of queries are being issued to the database?  How often (per user or total per time)?

Mike Blackwell | Technical Analyst, Distribution Services/Rollout Management | RR Donnelley
1750 Wallace Ave | St Charles, IL 60174-3401
Office: 630.313.7818
Mike.Blackwell@rrd.com
http://www.rrdonnelley.com