[HACKERS] Misleading bgworker log message - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Mike Blackwell
Subject [HACKERS] Misleading bgworker log message
Date
List pgsql-hackers
​​
A handful of rather surprising errors showed up in our log extract this morning, along the lines of:

2017-03-17 05:01:55 CDT [5400]: [1-1] @ FATAL:  57P01: terminating connection due to administrator command

​After a moment of more than a little astonishment, a look at the full log revealed
​
that, while the message implies some type of intervention from a
​ human​
, what's actually happening is the termination of parallel query worker threads due to a statement timeout.

​I gather this is happening because the same mechanism is used to cancel the process in both cases.  If that's indeed the case, I wonder if
 it's possible to
​re
phrase the termination message
​so it does not ​
suggest
​an admin was involved.

Mike Blackwell | Technical Analyst, Distribution Services/Rollout Management | RR Donnelley
1750 Wallace Ave | St Charles, IL 60174-3401
Office: 630.313.7818
Mike.Blackwell@rrd.com
http://www.rrdonnelley.com