Re: Allow ssl_renegotiation_limit in PG 9.5 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Simon Riggs
Subject Re: Allow ssl_renegotiation_limit in PG 9.5
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 17 October 2015 at 14:39, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Having to backpatch a new parameter to all supported versions seems far
> more invasive than adding a guc that can only be set to one value.

Indeed.  It is completely stupid to do this in any other way except
by reinstating ssl_renegotiation_limit as an ordinary GUC variable
whose min and max are both zero.

Agreed, my suggestion requires we can set that GUC, but we can set not-in-file also.

Quite aside from the implementation effort of inventing some
single-purpose kluge to do it another way, that solution would also
cover the complaints we're doubtless gonna get that "SET
ssl_renegotiation_limit = 0" doesn't work anymore.

Agreed, single purpose kluge is a bad thing.

Rough patch for the extensible, backpatchable, non-invasive proposal attached.

Attachment