Re: Small issues in syncrep.c - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Simon Riggs
Subject Re: Small issues in syncrep.c
Date
Re: Small issues in syncrep.c  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On 10 August 2016 at 06:24, Michael Paquier <michael.paquier@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 9, 2016 at 5:34 PM, Julien Rouhaud
> <julien.rouhaud@dalibo.com> wrote:
>> Since 14e8803f1, it's not necessary to acquire the SyncRepLock to see up
>> to date data. But it looks like this commit didn't update all the
>> comment around MyProc->syncRepState, which still mention retrieving the
>> value without and without lock.  Also, there's I think a now unneeded
>> test to try to retrieve again syncRepState.
>>
>> Patch attached to fix both small issues, present since 9.5.
>
> You could directly check MyProc->syncRepState and remove syncRepState.
> Could you add it to the next commit fest? I don't think this will get
> into 9.6 as this is an optimization.

Good catch.

I've updated Julien's patch to reflect Michael's suggestion.

Looks good to apply immediately.

14e8803f1 was only a partial patch for the syncrep code, so I don't
see any reason to keep the code as it currently is in 9.5/9.6.

Any objections to backpatching this to 9.5 and 9.6?

Attachment