Re: Detecting File Damage & Inconsistencies - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Simon Riggs
Subject Re: Detecting File Damage & Inconsistencies
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 18 Nov 2020 at 06:42, Craig Ringer
<craig.ringer@enterprisedb.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 13, 2020 at 7:24 PM Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
>>

>> What I'm proposing is an option to add 16 bytes onto each COMMIT
>> record
>

> Would it make sense to write this at the time we write a topxid assignment to WAL instead?
>
> Otherwise it won't be accessible to streaming-mode logical decoding.

Do you mean extend the xl_xact_assignment record? My understanding is
that is not sent in all cases, so not sure what you mean by "instead".

--
Simon Riggs                http://www.EnterpriseDB.com/