Re: onlyvalue aggregate (was: First Aggregate Funtion?) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Simon Riggs
Subject Re: onlyvalue aggregate (was: First Aggregate Funtion?)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 2 November 2015 at 09:32, Dean Rasheed <dean.a.rasheed@gmail.com> wrote:
On 28 October 2015 at 16:50, Marko Tiikkaja <marko@joh.to> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Here's a patch for the aggregate function outlined by Corey Huinker in
> CADkLM=foA_oC_Ri23F9PbfLnfwXFbC3Lt8bBzRu3=CB77G9_qw@mail.gmail.com .

+1. I've wanted something like this a few times. Of the names
suggested so far, I think I prefer "single_value", and yes I think it
should work with NULLs.

+1

I think we should avoid using ONLY or VALUE within the names since those already have other meanings in Postgres.