Re: PostgreSQL 13 press release draft - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Simon Riggs
Subject Re: PostgreSQL 13 press release draft
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On Mon, 17 Aug 2020 at 17:07, Jonathan S. Katz <jkatz@postgresql.org> wrote:

> * The press kit has been slimmed down. This is due to an overall
> decrease in actual traffic to the press release through the years,
> though downloads themselves have gone up after the release! This likely
> due to fragmentation of how people consume PostgreSQL news, as today the
> release serves more as a "hey the new PostgreSQL software is available!"

It's also because this information is no longer available after
release, we just show them directly to the more detailed release
notes.

That's a shame because there is lots of good work in the release announcement.

Mission Critical Databases