Re: PostgreSQL 13 press release draft - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Simon Riggs
Subject Re: PostgreSQL 13 press release draft
Date
Re: PostgreSQL 13 press release draft
List pgsql-advocacy
On Mon, 17 Aug 2020 at 17:07, Jonathan S. Katz <jkatz@postgresql.org> wrote:

> Anyway, I am personally very excited for the PostgreSQL 13 release :)

Yes, looks good.

Some thematic changes would be useful for this release text:

1. Parallel vacuuming is mentioned first and its probably not the
biggest thing we have here.

2. Many of the changes relate directly to large database support
* Partitioning changes
* Hash Agg
* Stats improvements
* Btree dedupe
won't be noticed by people with smaller databases, but those with
larger databases will find those changes dramatic, taken together. As
a result, I recommend that we highlight this group of changes and
describe the use case they improve, so they can be appreciated better
in context.

Mission Critical Databases