Re: [HACKERS] MERGE SQL Statement for PG11 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Simon Riggs
Subject Re: [HACKERS] MERGE SQL Statement for PG11
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 26 March 2018 at 17:06, Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> On 26 March 2018 at 15:39, Pavan Deolasee <pavan.deolasee@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> That's all I can see so far.

* change comment “once to” to “once” in src/include/nodes/execnodes.h
* change comment “and to run” to “and once to run”
* change “result relation” to “target relation”

* XXX we probably need to check plan output for CMD_MERGE also

* Spurious line feed in src/backend/optimizer/prep/preptlist.c

* No need to remove whitespace in src/backend/optimizer/util/relnode.c

* README should note that the TABLEOID junk column is not strictly
needed when joining to a non-partitioned table but we don't try to
optimize that away. Is that an XXX to fix in future or do we just
think the extra 4 bytes won't make much difference so we leave it?

* Comment in rewriteTargetListMerge() should mention TABLEOID exists
to allow us to find the correct relation, not the correct row, comment
just copied from CTID above it.