Re: DBT-3 with SF=20 got failed - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Simon Riggs
Subject Re: DBT-3 with SF=20 got failed
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 19 August 2015 at 14:53, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> On 19 August 2015 at 12:55, Kohei KaiGai <kaigai@kaigai.gr.jp> wrote:
>> Please don't be rush. :-)

> Please explain what rush you see?

Yours.  You appear to be in a hurry to apply patches that there's no
consensus on.

I think that comment is unreasonable.

The problem was reported 2 months ago; following independent confirmation of the proposed patch, I suggested committing it, with these words:

"If there are no objections, I will apply the patch for 2) to HEAD and backpatch to 9.5."

I was clearly waiting for objections before acting, to test whether there was consensus or not.

Please explain what procedure you would like committers to follow?