Re: Reduce ProcArrayLock contention - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Simon Riggs
Subject Re: Reduce ProcArrayLock contention
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 30 June 2015 at 04:21, Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:

Now, I would like to briefly explain how allow-one-waker idea has
helped to improve the patch as not every body here was present
in that Un-conference.

The same idea applies for marking commits in clog, for which I have been sitting on a patch for a month or so and will post now I'm done travelling.

These ideas have been around some time and are even listed on the PostgreSQL TODO: