Re: Logical Replication and triggers - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Simon Riggs
Subject Re: Logical Replication and triggers
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 21 November 2017 at 16:13, Thomas Rosenstein
<thomas.rosenstein@creamfinance.com> wrote:

> To weigh in here, I actually find it's a big hurdle
>
> I'm a postgres user and not a postgres dev, so I definitly have the feeling
> I'm not qualified to answer if this really does what it's intended todo.
> Further more not beeing in the processes it will take me probably 2 - 3
> hours (if I have time) to figure out everything I should do and how I should
> do it,
> somebody doing this regularly might take 5 minutes.
>
> Yes it fixes my replication issues, yes it seems to work on the first look,
> but what does it really do - no idea!

Fair enough, but that's not what Craig asked is it?

Seems like he gave a helpful, long explanation of how you can help
expedite the process of fixing the bug, to which he received no reply.

We're trying to ensure that bugs are fixed, but also take care not to
introduce further bugs or false fixes that don't move us forwards.

I would have acted on this myself a few days back if I thought the
patch was correct, but I see multiple command counter increments
there, so suspect an alternate fix is correct.