Re: Waits monitoring - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Simon Riggs
Subject Re: Waits monitoring
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 9 July 2015 at 21:10, Alexander Korotkov <a.korotkov@postgrespro.ru> wrote:

I see that patch of Robert and Amit adds current lock type into PgBackendStatus and, in turn, adds it into pg_stat_activity. This is small part of what you implement in waits monitoring patch. Dividing big features into small pieces makes it much easier to include PostgreSQL. I think you should join work of Robert and Amit in inclusion current lock type into PgBackendStatus. There are things you could help them to improve. And then you can rebase waits monitoring patch according to it.

I see the need for both current wait information and for cumulative historical detail.

I'm willing to wait before reviewing this, but not for more than 1 more CF.

Andres, please decide whether we should punt to next CF now, based upon other developments. Thanks