Re: Reduce ProcArrayLock contention - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Simon Riggs
Subject Re: Reduce ProcArrayLock contention
Date
Re: Reduce ProcArrayLock contention  (Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On 29 June 2015 at 18:11, Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
On June 29, 2015 7:02:10 PM GMT+02:00, Simon Riggs <simon@2ndQuadrant.com> wrote:
>On 29 June 2015 at 16:27, Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> Thanks to Robert Haas for having discussion (offlist) about the idea
>> and suggestions to improve it and also Andres Freund for having
>> discussion and sharing thoughts about this idea at PGCon.
>>

>Weird. This patch is implemented exactly the way I said to implement it
>publicly at PgCon.
>
>Was nobody recording the discussion at the unconference??

Amit presented an earlier version of this at the in unconference?

Yes, I know. And we all had a long conversation about how to do it without waking up the other procs.

Forming a list, like we use for sync rep and having just a single process walk the queue was the way I suggested then and previously.

Weird.