Re: [HACKERS] MERGE SQL Statement for PG11 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Simon Riggs
Subject Re: [HACKERS] MERGE SQL Statement for PG11
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 27 March 2018 at 10:31, Pavan Deolasee <pavan.deolasee@gmail.com> wrote:

> Fixed in v26.

More comments on v26

* Change errmsg “Ensure that not more than one source rows match any
one target row”
should be
“Ensure that not more than one source row matches any one target row”

* I think we need an example in the docs showing a constant source
query, so people can understand how to use MERGE for OLTP as well as
large ELT

* Long comment in ExecMerge() needs rewording, formatting and spell check
I suggest not referring to an "order" since that concept doesn't exist
anywhere else

* Need tests for coverage of these ERROR messages
Named security policy violation
SELECT not allowed in MERGE INSERT...
Multiple VALUES clauses not...
MERGE is not supported for this...
MERGE is not supported for relations with inheritance
MERGE is not supported for relations with rules