Re: Super PathKeys (Allowing sort order through precision loss functions) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Simon Riggs
Subject Re: Super PathKeys (Allowing sort order through precision loss functions)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 30 Oct 2018 at 07:58, David Rowley <david.rowley@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:

I've started working on something I've ended up calling "Super
PathKeys".  The idea here is to increase the likelihood of a Path with
PathKeys being used for a purpose that requires a less strict sort
order due to ordering being required from the return value of some
precision loss function.

Anything left anchored would benefit, so SUBSTR(), TRIM() etc

Main use for this would be where the partition condition is a function, so we can still order by partitions easily.