Re: WIP: Failover Slots - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Simon Riggs
Subject Re: WIP: Failover Slots
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 21 January 2016 at 16:31, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
On Fri, Jan 1, 2016 at 7:50 PM, Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> Failover Slots
> In the current patch, any slot defined on a master will generate WAL,
> leading to a pending-slot being present on all standby nodes. When a standby
> is promoted, the slot becomes usable and will have the properties as of the
> last fsync on the master.

No objection to the concept, but I think the new behavior needs to be
optional.  I am guessing that you are thinking along similar lines,
but it's not explicitly called out here.

I was unsure myself; but making them optional seems reasonable.