Re: SCRAM inplementation - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Simon Riggs
Subject Re: SCRAM inplementation
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
On 2 April 2017 at 17:05, Álvaro Hernández Tortosa <aht@8kdata.com> wrote:

> * Write both a client and server implementation. pgjdbc will only require
> the former, of course, but having both will be great for testing.
> * Do so as an independent library, also as an independent repository on
> Github. This will help its reuse and testing by independent projects. I
> presume it will have at least three different artifacts, a scram-common,
> scram-server and scram-client. Only the latter will be directly imported as
> a direct dependency by pgjdbc.

Don't see any need for the external stuff. We just want a patch on the
driver so any external dependencies are minimized, so we retain full
control over what the driver is doing. That can be reused easily
enough in other projects, if they wish.

Thanks for offering to write a patch.