Re: pgsql: Generational memory allocator - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Simon Riggs
Subject Re: pgsql: Generational memory allocator
Date
List pgsql-committers
On 24 November 2017 at 06:39, Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
> On 2017-11-23 20:57:10 +1100, Simon Riggs wrote:
>> On 23 November 2017 at 11:16, Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
>> > Hi,

>> > Looks like it's not quite valgrind clean:
>> > https://buildfarm.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=skink&dt=2017-11-22%2022%3A30%3A01
>>
>> It doesn't report anything useful that would allow me to fix this.
>
> Uh. It reports a failure, and you can go from there. The error output
> actually is in postmaster.log but for some reason the buildfarm code
> didn't display that in this case.

>> Please enable some info reporting on the animal.
>
> Hey, I just pointed out for you that there's a problem with something
> that you committed. ISTM you're inverting the responsibilities more than
> a bit here.

I don't believe I was inverting responsibilties, but sorry if you thought I was.

Yes, there is a bug in something I committed which I know about
because of the buildfarm. I am happy to work on fixing it. No
discussion on responsibility there.

I can see that buildfarm animal is yours, so I asked you for more info
about the bug on that animal. ISTM reasonable to ask for some more
detail on a bug report, and where that is an automated service to
request that the owner of that service make changes to assist. I don't
see why that implies some change of my responsibilities.

Thanks for your help