Re: [sqlsmith] Failed assertion in BecomeLockGroupLeader - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Simon Riggs
Subject Re: [sqlsmith] Failed assertion in BecomeLockGroupLeader
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 29 April 2016 at 08:31, Andreas Seltenreich <seltenreich@gmx.de> wrote:
Hi,

tonight's sqlsmith run yielded another core dump:

TRAP: FailedAssertion("!(MyProc->lockGroupLeader == ((void *)0))", File: "proc.c", Line: 1787)

I couldn't identifiy a query for it though: debug_query_string is empty.
Additionally, the offending query was not reported in the error context
as it typically is for non-parallel executor crashes.

It's good that the input is fuzzed, but there needs to be a way to re-run identical fuzzing or a way to backtrack to find what broke. Not much point finding bugs we can't identify later.