Re: Changing WAL Header to reduce contention during ReserveXLogInsertLocation() - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Simon Riggs
Subject Re: Changing WAL Header to reduce contention during ReserveXLogInsertLocation()
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 24 March 2018 at 12:19, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 24, 2018 at 8:11 AM, Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Well then proposing to commit moments after it's been posted is
>>> ridiculous.  That's exactly the opposite of "focusing on the
>>> engineering".
>>>
>>> This is a patch about which multiple people have expressed concerns.
>>> You're trying to jam a heavily redesigned version in at the last
>>> minute without adequate review.  Please don't do that.
>>
>> All presumption on your part. Don't tell me what I think and then diss
>> me for that.
>
> It is of course true that I can't know your internal mental state with
> certainty, but I don't think it is presumptuous to suppose that a
> person who says they're going to commit a patch that hasn't been
> reviewed intends to commit a patch that hasn't been reviewed.

It seems you really are more intent on talking about my actions than
on discussing the patch.

Probably would have been better to read what I've actually said beforehand.

If you have anything further to say, make it a formal complaint
offlist so we can discuss engineering here.