Re: Proposal for changes to recovery.conf API - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Simon Riggs
Subject Re: Proposal for changes to recovery.conf API
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 7 March 2017 at 23:31, Josh Berkus <josh@berkus.org> wrote:
> On 03/02/2017 07:13 AM, David Steele wrote:
>> Hi Simon,

>>> Sorry, that is just an error of implementation, not intention. I had
>>> it on my list to keep, at your request.
>>>
>>> New version coming up.
>>
>> Do you have an idea when the new version will be available?
>
> Please?  Having yet another PostgreSQL release go by without fixing
> recovery.conf would make me very sad.

I share your pain, but there are various things about this patch that
make me uncomfortable. I believe we are looking for an improved design
not just a different design.

I think the best time to commit such a patch is at the beginning of a
new cycle, so people have a chance to pick out pieces they don't like
and incrementally propose changes.

So I am going to mark this MovedToNextCF, barring objections from
committers willing to make it happen in this release.