Re: log_checkpoint's "0 transaction log file(s) added" is extremely misleading - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Simon Riggs
Subject Re: log_checkpoint's "0 transaction log file(s) added" is extremely misleading
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 22 January 2016 at 01:12, Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
Hi,

While in theory correct, I think $subject is basically meaningless
because other backends may have added thousands of new segments. Yes, it
wasn't the checkpointer, but that's not particularly relevant
imo. Additionally, afaics, it will only ever be 0 or 1.

Even better, we could make it add >1

I think we should either remove that part of the log output, or make it
display the number of segments added since the beginning of the
checkpoint.