Re: Filtering on an enum field in a foreign table - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Nikolay Samokhvalov
Subject Re: Filtering on an enum field in a foreign table
Date
List pgsql-performance
Hi,

On Tue, Jul 16, 2019 at 4:00 PM Vladimir Ryabtsev <greatvovan@gmail.com> wrote:
I am querying a remote server through a foreign table definition.

CREATE TABLE example (id integer, product product_enum, status status_enum)
When I am querying the foreign table on enum predicate like

select * from example where product = 'a' and status = 'active'

I see that filtering happens on my server which can be seen in the plan and can be felt from the query performance (indices are not used of course).

What Postgres version do you use?

Any changes in plans if you collect stats on the FDW table ("analyze example;")?

Have you considered changing the option "use_remote_estimate" (see https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/postgres-fdw.html#id-1.11.7.42.10)?