Default order of select datname from pg_database - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Elías David
Subject Default order of select datname from pg_database
Date
Re: Default order of select datname from pg_database  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-admin
Hi all,

By any change, does the following query have an "order by" by default when omitted?:

select datname from pg_database;

I know you could pass and ORDER BY datname or similar but what I don't know is if by default there's some kind of sort when the order by is omitted.

I executed that query against one of my servers and while looking at the names it seems complety random, the order is always the same, for instance:

web2
template0
asdf
basic