Re: [DOCS] DECLARE syntax is different from the 2016 SQL standard - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From Elliot Chance
Subject Re: [DOCS] DECLARE syntax is different from the 2016 SQL standard
Date
List pgsql-docs
Sorry, this was my mistake. If i just spent 60 more seconds reading the rules properly I would have seen this.

Although... it has bought up another possible bug with docs. The "Report an error" box (which I used to send the original message) seems to not be escaping HTML correctly... as seen in the previous message.

--
Elliot Chance

On 14 March 2017 at 1:28:37 PM, Tom Lane (tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us) wrote:

elliotchance@gmail.com writes:
> The 2016 standard uses a different syntax to declare a cursor:

> <declare cursor> ::=
> DECLARE <cursor name> <cursor properties>
> FOR <cursor specification>

> Notice that it does not require or permit the &quot;CURSOR&quot; keyword before the
> &quot;FOR&quot; keyword.

For some reason, the spec puts the CURSOR keyword into <cursor
properties>, but it's definitely there:

<cursor properties> ::=
[ <cursor sensitivity> ] [ <cursor scrollability> ] CURSOR
[ <cursor holdability> ]
[ <cursor returnability> ]

regards, tom lane