Re: Patch for pgAdmin4 package on Mac OS X - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Sandeep Thakkar
Subject Re: Patch for pgAdmin4 package on Mac OS X
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
Thanks. I have fixed all the issues.

Regarding the app not running from within the DMG for the first time, I was unable to reproduce it on Zilan's machine which didn't have the development env. On Murali's machine, it was reproducible for 1 time after couple of attempts.

So, I just added the sync statement after settings the pythonpath value in the settings. May be this will resolve the issue. Please confirm.
settings.sync();

Attached is the updated patch. Thanks.

On Fri, May 27, 2016 at 9:28 PM, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
On Fri, May 27, 2016 at 4:48 PM, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:

> On Fri, May 27, 2016 at 1:11 PM, Sandeep Thakkar
> <sandeep.thakkar@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
>>
>> Sure. Thanks.
>>
>> There is a typo in pkg/mac/build.sh. i.e
>>
>> s/HTML_HELP/HELP_PATH/
>>

>> On Fri, May 27, 2016 at 5:26 PM, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> Not entirely - we definitely need to improve it. I'll review the code as
>>> it is now though.
>

> OK, review time :-)
>
> - The appbundle name should be created from APP_NAME.app in config.py, e.g.
> 'pgAdmin 4.app'
>
> - The DMG name should be created from
> to_lower(remove_spaces(APP_NAME-APP_VERSION)) in config.py, e.g.
> pgadmin4-1.0-dev.dmg
>
> - Use #ifdef Q_OS_MAC in the QT code for Mac-specific code. There's no need
> to define another macro.
>
> - Please add "MINIFY_HTML = False" to config_local.py (and have Paresh do
> the same on his packages). This works around a code issue with the docs that
> I'll log a bug for.
>
> - In testing, I found that running the app from within the DMG doesn't seem
> to work the first time - it prompts for the path, then exits. Once I save
> the path it offers, it's fine on subsequent runs.
>
> - Once copied to my laptop, I saw the same issue as above.
>
> Once these issues are resolved, I think we're good to commit.

Oh, a couple more things:

- There should not be a copy of the app bundle in dist/ following the
build. Only the dmg should be there.

- I think mac-build/ should be removed following a successful build,
rather than waiting for make clean (please talk to Paresh - his code
should do the same).

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com