Re: initdb.exe changes --locale option - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Sandeep Thakkar
Subject Re: initdb.exe changes --locale option
Date
List pgsql-bugs
No.. what I mean to say is that the output from getlocales is same in 9.1
and 9.2.  (I checked the installation logs). It's initdb in 9.2 that is not
accepting the same output. So, it has nothing to with the VC++ runtimes.

PG9.1:
--
c:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\9.1>bin\initdb.exe" --locale="English, New
Zealand" -D "c:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\9.1\data2"

The database cluster will be initialized with locale English, New Zealand.
<-- OKAY
--

PG9.2:
--

The database cluster will be initialized with locale "English_United
States.1252    <--NOT OKAY

Now, on 9.2, if we replace  "," with "_" from the locale name, then it
works fine:
c:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\9.2>bin\initdb.exe" --locale="English_New
Zealand" -D "c:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\data"
The files belonging to this database system will be owned by user "edb".

The database cluster will be initialized with locale "English_New
Zealand.1252".  <-- OKAY
--

So, actually it's initdb that has undergone change. Fix in
initdbcluster.vbs so that the locale name is passed with "_" to initdb.exe,

--
Sandeep Thakkar
Senior Software Engineer

Website: www.enterprisedb.com
EnterpriseDB Blog: http://blogs.enterprisedb.com/
Follow us on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/enterprisedb

This e-mail message (and any attachment) is intended for the use of the
individual or entity to whom it is addressed. This message contains
information from EnterpriseDB Corporation that may be privileged,
confidential, or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are
not the intended recipient or authorized to receive this for the intended
recipient, any use, dissemination, distribution, retention, archiving, or
copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received
this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail
and delete this message.