Re: BUG #18040: PostgreSQL does not report its version correctly - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Sandeep Thakkar
Subject Re: BUG #18040: PostgreSQL does not report its version correctly
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Hi,

The PostgreSQL installer does not explicitly create the registry at HKLM:\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall. It's created automatically by the InstallBuilder tool on adding Add/Remove programs. I guess since the product version is defined as a major version so that upgrades to minor versions are installed in the same installation directory, the tool is not setting the minor versions. We will take this to the InstallBuilder team on how this be handled, but do you think the winget package manager can instead read the full version from HKLM:\SOFTWARE\PostgreSQL\Installations\postgresql-x64-14 ?