Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: Windows Application Issues | PostgreSQL | REF # 48475607 - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Sandeep Thakkar
Subject Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: Windows Application Issues | PostgreSQL | REF # 48475607
Date
Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: Windows Application Issues | PostgreSQL | REF # 48475607
List pgsql-bugs

On Thu, Jul 25, 2024 at 11:39 AM Thomas Munro <thomas.munro@gmail.com> wrote:
On Tue, Jul 23, 2024 at 12:12 AM Sandeep Thakkar
<sandeep.thakkar@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
> Thomas, I can generate the test installer with your patch and share here so this issue can be tested before the minor release?

That might be useful, thanks!  If someone wants to try it out on a
real Windows system.

Sure, I can give it a try. Is your patch ready?

. o O { I wonder if it could ever be possible to have that automated
via CI.  Imagine if I/anyone could clone the EDB installer github
repo, and push a small patch into a private branch that tells it where
to pull PostgreSQL sources from, including any public git branch
including commitfest ones, and some options like with/without
assertions, and have CI spit out a new installer as an artifact?
Hopefully non-REL_XXX_STABLE branches would have a big warning on the
GUI so that users would never accidentally think it's a real release.
}

yeah, that'll be helpful but unfortunately it's not possible atm. Hopefully, we will
have that available in future through the GitHub actions.

--
Sandeep Thakkar