Re: replay of CREATE TABLESPACE eats data at wal_level=minimal - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Prabhat Sahu
Subject Re: replay of CREATE TABLESPACE eats data at wal_level=minimal
Date
List pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Aug 23, 2021 at 4:29 AM Noah Misch <noah@leadboat.com> wrote:
On Wed, Aug 18, 2021 at 10:32:10PM -0700, Noah Misch wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 18, 2021 at 10:47:24AM -0400, Robert Haas wrote:
> > On Tue, Aug 10, 2021 at 9:35 AM Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Oh, yeah, I think that works, actually. I was imagining a few problems
> > > here, but I don't think they really exist. The redo routines for files
> > > within the directory can't possibly care about having the old files
> > > erased for them, since that wouldn't be something that would normally
> > > happen, if there were no recent CREATE TABLESPACE involved. And
> > > there's code further down to remove and recreate the symlink, just in
> > > case. So I think your proposed patch might be all we need.
> >
> > Noah, do you plan to commit this?
>
> Yes.  I feel it needs a test case, which is the main reason I've queued the
> task rather than just pushed what I posted last.

Here's what I plan to push.  Besides adding a test,

I have reproduced the issue of data inconsistency with CREATE TABLESPACE at wal_level=minimal,
also I have tested the fix with v0 and v1 patch, and come up with a similar tap-testcase(as in v1). The test case looks good.

--

With Regards,
Prabhat Kumar Sahu