Re: BUG #18075: configuration variable idle_session_timeout not working as expected - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Muhammad Ali Ansari
Subject Re: BUG #18075: configuration variable idle_session_timeout not working as expected
Date
Re: BUG #18075: configuration variable idle_session_timeout not working as expected  (Muhammad Ali Ansari <maliansari.coder@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-bugs
I have no user specific settings. Here check the output.
image.png

On Wed, Aug 30, 2023 at 9:32 PM David G. Johnston <david.g.johnston@gmail.com> wrote:
On Tue, Aug 29, 2023 at 2:46 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> On Tuesday, August 29, 2023, PG Bug reporting form <noreply@postgresql.org>
> wrote:
>> I have set the idle_session_timeout variable as 60000 making it 60 seconds
>> As we can see, it shows that the time is way more than 1 minute now it is
>> 28 minutes and they are still idle and still open in postgres and not
>> disconnected as expected.

Also, the OP didn't say *how* he set idle_session_timeout.  That
pg_settings extract only proves that 60000 is the prevailing value in
the session where that was done.  It's possible that the value was
only set locally, or in some other way that didn't affect those other
sessions at all.

Yeah, the fact all of those are for "apiuser" suggests to me that user has their own setting for this which takes precedence over the server default.

The output of \drds would be more informative than just looking at some unknown session's value.

David J.

Attachment