Re: Logical replication CPU-bound with TRUNCATE/DROP/CREATE many tables - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Keisuke Kuroda
Subject Re: Logical replication CPU-bound with TRUNCATE/DROP/CREATE many tables
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi Amit,

> I don't have a patch for this idea but you can refer [1]
> (v25-0002-Issue-individual-invalidations-with-wal_level-lo) to see
> what I was trying to say about registering the invalidations in the
> form of ReorderBufferChange. We have something along the lines of what
> I described above in that patch but we have removed it because we need
> all the invalidations to be accumulated to handle aborts and we don't
> want two different mechanisms to store invalidations.

Thanks, I read the patch
(v25-0002-Issue-individual-invalidations-with-wal_level-lo)
and the review.

I understand the following.
* In v25-0002, there were two different mechanisms,
  XLOG_XACT_INVALIDATIONS (ReorderBufferAddInvalidation) and
  XLOG_INVALIDATIONS (ReorderBufferAddInvalidations).
* After a review, XLOG_XACT_INVALIDATIONS was implemented to
  generate all invalidation messages.

I'm going to write a patch that looks like the following.
* Add the process of collecting invalidation to
  XLOG_XACT_INVALIDATIONS in the form of ReorderBufferChange.
* Invalidation is executed in case
  REORDER_BUFFER_CHANGE_INVALIDATION.

Best Regards,
--