creating a circular replication in postgres - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Jayesh Nambiar
Subject creating a circular replication in postgres
Date
List pgsql-admin
Hello All,
I am very new to postgres and this is my first post to the community, so please forgive my ignorance if any.
I am trying to achieve a circular replication with postgres; meaning two postgres servers are slaves of each other. This is a requirement for our setup. I tried googling through the topic and got very confused about this topic and I am still not able to decide if this is even possible with postgres. As many say it is not recommended in postgres or replication cycles should be avoided.
I went through Bucardo which uses perl scripts to achieve this, but I am looking at something more native if available.
I downloaded and installed postgres9.3beta2 version and could successfully do a cascaded streaming replication following this tutorial:

But I am unable to make it setup in a circular replication method. I also went through BDR (Bi-directional replication) using libpq which looks like a recommended way of doing this, but that looks like very new and still in some experimental stage.

I need some expert advice on if this is possible with postgres and should I go ahead with researching on how efficiently to do this !!

Thanks,

--- Jayesh