Re: BUG #9464: PANIC with 'failed to re-find shared lock object' - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Peter LaDow
Subject Re: BUG #9464: PANIC with 'failed to re-find shared lock object'
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Thu, Mar 6, 2014 at 7:32 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> on_exit_reset() in the first-level child would likely be a good idea.

Thanks for the tip!  I tried it, and things are happy again.

> See atexit_callback in src/backend/storage/ipc/ipc.c: your first-level
> child is killing all the parent backend's shared-memory state when it
> does exit().  This is a safety feature we added at some point in the

Ah!  Well, I guess I could use _exit() as well...

Any preference between the two?

> past few years, but in your usage I guess its an anti-safety feature...

;)  Well, I don't pretend to know the internals. But if as you say it
is for safety, I guess I should follow the rules.

Thanks for the prompt reply and help!

Pete