Re: Database broken after using pgadmin 'backup' on OSX - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Conor McNally
Subject Re: Database broken after using pgadmin 'backup' on OSX
Date
List pgadmin-support
Hi,

Yes I do have two versions of plpgsql.so but it wasn't a problem before.

>locate plpgsql.so
/usr/local/Cellar/postgresql/9.5.3/lib/postgresql/plpgsql.so
/usr/local/Cellar/postgresql/9.6.2/lib/postgresql/plpgsql.so

Previously I performed backup using the earlier version of pgAdmin 4 and before that I used pgAdmin 3.

All terminals are affected immediately after running the backup tool: before and after reboot.  The "brew switch" command is the only thing I've found that fixes it.

I don't really know how brew works though.  Do you think there something I can do to fix my set-up?

Cheers,

Conor

On Thu, Jun 29, 2017 at 10:32 PM, David Lloyd <lloy0076@adam.com.au> wrote:

By no means an expert but I see:

* An environment installed using 'brew'
* Some virt_env
* A mish-mash of libraries from different lib directories in the error

I know this sounds ridiculous, but I wonder if the OP performed the task
until such time they got the error. And then rebooted (or at least
logged out and logged in - i.e. clear their library paths, library cache
and so forth which is best guaranteed by a reboot but at least logging
out and maybe starting a new terminal).

I'd hedge a bet there's more than one `plgpsql.so` on the system and
they're subtly incompatible with each other.

DSL