Fwd: crash bug on closed connection - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Jade Koskela
Subject Fwd: crash bug on closed connection
Date
List pgsql-odbc
I have been looking into this crash for a while now, and I finally have a good repro.

After digging through it with wireshark I observed this
client tries to send a query
 retransmit query
 retransmit query
client sends TCP [RST],[ACK]
Now it has crashed, so we restart it again and begin another connection successfully.

It seems that the connection has dropped, but the client was never informed, and it doesn't handle this gracefully.

I reproed it like this:

On my mac running postgres server:
  Setup port forwarding to emulate a proxy or firewall problem
  ssh -L [public ip]:5433:localhost:5432 -N localhost

On my windows machine:
  Connect to port 5433 on my mac
  Run a query

On my mac:
  Kill the ssh proxy
  sighup postgres
  open the ssh proxy again

On my windows machine:
  Run another query (machine still thinks connection is ok)
  Crash in psqlodbcw.dll

> psqlodbc35w.dll!Exec_with_parameters_resolved(StatementClass_ * stmt=0x0a6f4fa0, int * exec_end=0x083bf3dc)  Line 606 + 0x1b bytes C
  psqlodbc35w.dll!PGAPI_Execute(void * hstmt=0x0a6f4fa0, unsigned short flag=1)  Line 1147 + 0xd bytes C
  psqlodbc35w.dll!SQLExecute(void * StatementHandle=0x0a6f4fa0)  Line 386 + 0xe bytes C
  odbc32.dll!_SQLExecute@4()  + 0x2c1 bytes