Re: meson: Optionally disable installation of test modules - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Nazir Bilal Yavuz
Subject Re: meson: Optionally disable installation of test modules
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On Mon, 6 Mar 2023 at 18:30, Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net> wrote:
> There are two separate issues here, but let's deal with the Windows issue. Attached is the log output and also a
listingof the runpython directory in the build directory.

Thanks for the logs but I couldn't understand the problem. Is there a
way to reproduce this?

For the Linux problem, Andres's patch solves this but you need to run
an extra command. [1]

After applying Andres's patch, you need to run:
$ meson compile install-test-files -C $pgsql
before running the 'running tests'.

I tested on my local and
$ meson compile install-test-files -C $pgsql
$ meson test -C $pgsql --setup running --print-errorlogs --no-rebuild
--logbase installcheckworld --no-suite regress-running --no-suite
isolation-running --no-suite ecpg-running
passed successfully.

[1] https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20230308012940.edexipb3vqylcu6r%40awork3.anarazel.de

Regards,
Nazir Bilal Yavuz