Query about foreign key details for php framework - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From David Binney
Subject Query about foreign key details for php framework
Date
Re: Query about foreign key details for php framework  (Stuart <sfbarbee@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-sql
Hey guys,

I am having a tricky problem which I have not needed to solve before. Basically one of the php frameworks I am using needs to get the same dataset from mysql and postgres but I am not sure how to do the joins.

Below i have the mysql version of the query which work ok, and after that i have my attempt at the postgresql version, which is not joined correctly. Any help would be greatly appreciated, and in the meantime i will keep guessing which columns need to be joined for those three tables, but I am thinking there could be a view or something to solve my problem straight away??

-------mysql working version----------
SELECT
  *
FROM
  information_schema.key_column_usage AS kcu
  INNER JOIN information_schema.referential_constraints AS rc ON (
    kcu.CONSTRAINT_NAME = rc.CONSTRAINT_NAME
    AND kcu.CONSTRAINT_SCHEMA = rc.CONSTRAINT_SCHEMA
  )
WHERE
  kcu.TABLE_SCHEMA = 'timetable'
  AND kcu.TABLE_NAME = 'issues'
  AND rc.TABLE_NAME = 'issues'

---- postgresql partial working version--------------

select
  rc.constraint_name AS name,
  tc.constraint_type AS type,
  kcu.column_name,
  rc.match_option AS match_type,
  rc.update_rule AS on_update,
  rc.delete_rule AS on_delete,
  kcu.table_name AS references_table,
  kcu.column_name AS references_field,
  kcu.ordinal_position
FROM
  (select distinct * from information_schema.referential_constraints) rc
  JOIN information_schema.key_column_usage kcu
  ON  kcu.constraint_name   = rc.constraint_name
  AND kcu.constraint_schema = rc.constraint_schema
  JOIN information_schema.table_constraints tc ON tc.constraint_name = rc.constraint_name
  AND tc.constraint_schema = rc.constraint_schema
  AND tc.constraint_name = rc.constraint_name
  AND tc.table_schema = rc.constraint_schema
WHERE
  kcu.table_name = 'issues'
  AND rc.constraint_schema = 'public'
  AND tc.constraint_type = 'FOREIGN KEY'