Re: Bytea Example - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Avinash Kumar
Subject Re: Bytea Example
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi Naveen,

It's not easy for us to read if you top post. Always reply inline please.

On Thu, Aug 13, 2020 at 10:57 AM Naveen Kumar <naveenmcp@gmail.com> wrote:
I am not using any programming language. I am simply using PostgreSQL 12 version that's all
Oracle has BLOB to store Binary data and PG has BYTEA.

In case you want to practice something like reading an image of your choice and storing the binary data in a table using Python and psycopg2, you could use the following example :

You would use some programming language and database driver to read or write such binary data usually, so the question was what were you using to practice or implement this migration stuff ?
and
What are you using to migrate the data from Oracle to PostgreSQL ?
and
What is the challenge in copying binary data from Oracle to PostgreSQL ?

On Thu, Aug 13, 2020 at 7:21 PM Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com> wrote:
On 8/13/20 6:49 AM, Naveen Kumar wrote:
> I am trying to migrate the database from Oracle to PostgreSQL

The question was:

What programming language and database driver are you using?

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

--