Tracking Object creation or modified time ! - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Avinash Kumar
Subject Tracking Object creation or modified time !
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi All,

There are currently 2 ways as per my knowledge to get the creation time (CREATE TABLE/FUNCTION/PROC/etc...) or modified time (ALTER ....) of an Object.

1. Using track_commit_timestamp
    - Can be a slight overhead as this is applicable globally.

2. Using Event Triggers.
    - Does every statement executed in the database go through an additional check when event triggers are used ? Or is this handled smartly in the source ?

Also, is someone working on this logic in the code to make some metadata available that exposes creation/modified time without the need of the above 2 methods ?

In case I am missing any already existing logic (other than log files), please let me know.
--
Regards,
Avinash Vallarapu